Non-Coeliac Gluten Sensitivity What Research is There? Watch the Video and Read the Highlights Below and you’ll know.
Exploring New and Old Health News Today – Alternative Day Fasting and Longevity
Non-Coeliac Gluten Sensitivity commonly known as gluten Sensitivity is a condition where one reacts to gluten causing an array of symptoms. This video by NutritionFacts.org, which we highly recommend you watch sets out to put focus on the science behind Non-Coeliac Gluten Sensitivity.
The key points are:
- There is evidence of Non-Coeliac Gluten Sensitivity
- Patients previously were sent to psychiatrists by GP’s when presenting with IBS and related symptoms when they indicated a sensitivity to foods
- Medical industry has a history of dismissing symptoms such as post-traumatic stress disorder, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis etc and people who help these issues as quacks and alternative practitioners and later been shown to be true physiological conditions
- On the alternative there is an abundance of claims related to gluten free diets becoming the new carb free
- Subjects in a randomised controlled trial showed that whether eating gluten or not the felt better, although the effects where larger in the gluten-free trial, showing there may have been a psychological element
- A later study masked the trials better with capsules and found that when on a wheat free diet they felt significantly better presenting a wheat sensitivity.
There may not be a gluten sensitivity at all, although other food sensitivities such as wheat, eggs, dairy maybe causing symptoms. Although gluten sensitivity should not be dismissed and you should ask your health care practitioner for advice.
The research can be obtained in our research library, register for an account today and get access!
Updated 29th of October 2019 by the GC Biosciences Editorial Team